SpeakEasy is about to start a new chapter under a new leadership team, that wishes to pay tribute to the great initiative.
SpeakEasy 2.0 will:
- Support partnering conferences in finding quality speakers, while funneling speakers also for open calls for proposals, local meetups and conferences, and international webinars.
- Increase diversity focusing on women and people of color, while within possibilities offering mentoring help for any new speakers.
- Support first time international conference speakers, yet also help speakers grow all the way to keynote grade with SpeakEasy support.
- Extend beyond a core practice of mentoring speakers to being a platform for sharing lessons on being and becoming a speaker.
- Grow speakers from test community to contribute to and engage with the general tech community.
- Continue to support speakers within the focus of quality software delivery while finding stages across a wider range of software delivery conferences.
- Raise money through voluntary fees for finding diverse speakers, to be used for running the operation and offering travel scholarships.
One way we are supporting people is by identifying the different stages on their journey as a speaker. We are currently looking at 3 different levels of experience:
- SpeakEasy Speakers: 1st timers in international conferences
- SpeakEasy Practitioners: 2-5 timers, building experience but feeling mentor, perhaps a new one, is necessary. These may also be people who submitted successfully without a mentor, and now do their first one mentored. (this program will start when mentors are available)
- SpeakEasy Keynotes: building up to regular speakers and keynoters.
For partner conference submissions, mention you are with SpeakEasy if you are either SpeakEasy Speaker, if you have been assigned or requested a mentor but are awaiting a mentor assignment.
New leadership team is Ash Coleman (USA), Kristine Corbus (Germany), Abby Bangser (UK) and Maaret Pyhäjärvi (Finland). Join us in helping take SpeakEasy forward. We are looking forward to work with speakers, mentors, and organizers of conferences, meetups and webinars. Get in touch!